Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

"Museums at Night" - 3. The A.S. Popov Central Museum of Communications

So, here are the third and the last part of my"Museums at night" route. If you missed two previous parts, you can find the first part here and the second part you can find here . For my third place I chose The A.S. Popov Central Museum of Communications. When I were making my route before "Museums at Night" I marked this museum as the most interesting among all. And actually it turned out that it is the most impressive one! I was so exited, and  I even decided to visit it one more time... or more!
If you would like to know The  Popov Central Museum of Communications is one of the oldest museums about technologies and science! It was founded - just imagine! - in 1872! 
The museum of communications have several exibitions in it. The first hall is dedicated to post service in Russia . I was impressed by different types of mail boxes! For example that one is for air mail:


Also in this hall there were many pieces of stationary which were used many many years ago.


Just look at it! It's so massive, but nevertheless beautiful things were used in postal service!


The other hall is separated for two parts. The first one is interactive. There you can see frequency of your voice, try to make a Morze message, or to play zootrope - if it's correct to call it "play". Just make it spin, and you can see the bird's fly. Like this:



In the second part you can see the old technical things which were used to make photo, cinema and TV. It's very captivating! You can also see how all that techmical things were constructed.



In other halls there were a lot of impressive things! There is a collection of old electronics of different years. 



And it was also interactive! You can listen to different radio pieces and gramophones, how it sounded. I believe many people have a kind of nostalgia there! And all that can also inspire the young people! As for me, it really impress me - ho have a chance to hear "how it was 20,50, or almost 100 years ago! 


And also in that museum you can make an oldstyle" call. Just look at this! It's the same as in  old movies! 


I really love this museum so much! The exibition is really impressive and I should say it make me think about how complex and complicated every technical device is, and how smart should be people to create such  things!

No comments:

Post a Comment